Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Stuffed Shells

Stuffed Shells

6 – 15oz ricotta (I bought mine at Sams and ended up using 3 Lg. containers for 10 pans of shells)
4-6 cups mozzarella shredded (about 1 lg. sam's size bag)
2 cups Parmesan
Italian seasonings (just mix a bunch of stuff till it tastes right)
4 eggs

Mix above together

2 – 12 oz Jumbo Shells – cook al dente (be careful not to stack too many on top of each other when draining and stuffing, I made that mistake and the ones on the bottom were completely mushed.
Favorite Tomato Sauce - I made mine using a #10 can of crushed tomatoes from Sams (added chopped onion, garlic, and seasonings and cooked down for approx 30 mins on low. I think I added an extra couple cans of crushed tomatoes cause one can wasn't enough)

Stuff cheese into shells
Thin layer of tomato sauce on bottom of tins
Layer shells – then top with more sauce (I added meat to top layer of sauce)
Then layer parmesan cheese
This made 6 tins with 14 stuffed shells in each!
Day of Cooking: Defrost and cook at 350 for 30 minutes–or cook frozen for ~an hour

- See more at: http://joelandkitty.com/4o-freezer-meals-in-about-4-hours/

No comments:

Post a Comment